Last Modified March 12, 2012
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – this ranges from personalizing the users experience to ensuring that needs/wants of our customers are better met.
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number; and at times your credit card information.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Login information
When you use our services or view content provided we may automatically collect information (such as page views, protocol, events, browser information and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser)
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be collected.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can also reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it should be of note that some features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of services in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our services, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If we becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will ensure the confidentiality of any personal information involved in such transactions and updates conveying revised or new privacy policies will be made available to all users.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and cyber security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use any of our services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information.
We love feedback! If you would like to provide us feedback about this policy or our applications in general please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: SPARC, 2387 Clements Ferry Rd Charleston, SC 29492